Pages

Saturday 14 November 2009

Inspiration & Knitting thoughts


There is so much here on the internet, I'm for ever glued to it looking for new patterns, ideas and information. Need to start curbing it,... or just start concentrating on what I'm doing. I see all these wonderful blogs and like anyone starting up their own think "I wish mine was like that" or "how do they do it?!" or, well you get the gist of what I mean.
One such blog is Susan Crowe's. I stumbled on to it this morning after mispelling my google search for "knitting blok". Hubby had asked yesterday about the Knitting Block I might have hinted about for Christmas so I was just finding the link again to send to him ;) Oh if there are any spelling mistakes in this, you can quite happily blame my cat Catz (short for Catsby - this story is for another time). She's determined that I spend far too much time at home on the laptop and that stroking her is much more important. Well it is, but then I couldn't write to you all then could I :)

Here she is, as she is at the moment, hogging my lap whilst I get a crink in my neck writing this.

Where was I, blog, blok ah that's it, Susan's blog was just what I needed to read. Refreshing, funny, especially the part about the "Anti-Knitting Nutter", and inspiring. She just gets on with writing about her crafty exploits so to speak and things in general, no fuss, no fluff,... just an unabashed self proclaimed Indulgent Knitter who isn't shy to just be out there knitting in public. See her post about her holiday trip to Mexico.

Thanks Susan, you've given me the boost I needed :D I'd already started writing and organising my craft projects, but needed to do the same with my blog. So you might see more of me here. No, you will see more of me here. That's better.

I'm afraid I've been really lazy this morning and now it's well'n'truly time to get up. What, it's cold and windy outside. I wanted to stay cosy and Catz would have been put out if I'd removed my comfy lap, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;P Also need to get ready to go to the Silsden Knitting group, you can find them on Ravelry. Should be fun :D

Have a great day!

No comments: