Pages

Saturday 14 November 2009

Quacks & Tribulations

Well that went well. Drove through Keighley and it's chock-a-block town centre, along the rain soaked bypass to Silsden and found myself a spot in a deserted car park, well bar one taxi. Found the church no problem,...hmm no other knitters here. Just kiddiwinks and their parents. *Ping* Wrong date! /o\ My other half chuckled at this when I rang him just to make sure. Eeeeevil man. *sigh* That'll teach me to look at my dates more closely, drat.

Ach well, at least now I have satisfied my curiosity about Silsden and all that it holds... not much. Saturday's are dead after 1pm and the only residents about were the local Pooch Palour / Pet shop and the Ducks! The dogs were having fun being washed, groomed and petted and the ducks, although not being petted, were enjoying the delightfully wet weather.


They did however announce their displeasure at not receiving any nice crusty titbits of bread. Welcome to the club Ducks, all I got for my pains were wet jeans and a wet rucksack. It did remind me of how nice walking in the rain can be if one is dressed for the weather which I wasn't entirely :)

Weather has calmed down a bit since then, wind has stopped howling around the terrace \o/ Hope yours is
better ;D

No comments: