Pages

Thursday 20 November 2008

Rob's Mitts

\o/ I'm actually writing down what am doing for a change! This is my first project to be put onto here and hopefully it won't take too long to do. Well, it can't do as it needs to be done for christmas and there isn't any excuse either as these little beauties knit up nice and quick :) My problem is that I like to "fiddle" as I call it, I can't seem to stick with one thing and finish it off. I get an idea, "fiddle" for a bit then move onto something else. I'm hoping I'm not the only crafty person here who does that.
I'm doing these mitts for my fiancé who being 1 foot taller (6ft 2) than me has rather thick wrists so the pattern in the book doesn't rightly fit. I decided to make a mock mitt to see whether I liked the pattern and if there were any changes to be made.
  • Mock Mitt -
    • yarn: cream cotton
    • needles: 5mm
    • gauge: 5sts per inch
    • pattern: followed 5sts at 7in.
    • Result: garter stitch possibly a little loose, but the Mitt did fit his hand. Could be a little longer in length, maybe ~10 sts more. Didn't like the buttonhole used in the pattern so have done a swatch in cotton of different buttonhole types or I could modify the pattern so that the seam edge becomes the thumbhole.
Right, now that I've finished the mock mitt and know roughly what I'm wanting it's time to start the real thing :D

No comments: